1. What do I need to do to qualify for a free room? Anyone who has a valid Military ID from the United States Government qualifies:
• Active Duty
• National Guard
Anyone with a Veterans Administration ID qualifies: This applies to anyone who served –
• Korean War
• Vietnam War
• Gulf Wars
• Anyone who did boot camp and qualified for Veterans Administration Benefits
2. What should I do if there are no rooms available in my area?
We hope that hundreds of innkeepers will participate in the B&Bs for Vets program, offering rooms coast to coast. However, we know that in some cases there may not be one available within in your town. We hope veterans will understand that there are a limited number of rooms, but innkeepers are adding new ones all the time. Be sure to check back often to see if one has become available within your travel distance.
3. Who should I call to reserve a room?
Once you see an inn/B&B listed on the BandBsforVets.org site, be sure to call that inn directly to reserve your room. It’s important that you talk to the innkeeper to get all the details.
4. What should I do if I have to cancel my stay?
It is important to note that all participating B&Bs will enforce the cancellation policy for their inn/B&B. That means you may be asked to offer your credit card in order to confirm your free stay. In the event that you don’t show up for your stay and don’t cancel prior to your stay, your credit card may be charged. Remember, there are many vets who would gladly take your place if you need to cancel, and most innkeepers have a waiting list of vets they can call in the event of a cancellation, so as soon as you know you can’t make it, be sure to call the innkeeper directly and inform them. And remember, if you don’t cancel within the time stipulated on the inn/B&Bs cancellation policy, it’s possible you will be charged for your stay. Each innkeeper handles cancellations differently.
5. Who should we contact with questions? If you have questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com. Your question will be routed to the right person and you’ll hear back as quickly as we can.